Wednesday, April 9, 2014

EASIEST cream cheese & {berry} danish









Yummmm... yum... yum!
Oh my goodness, I am so happy I finally decided to make this because it is SO DELICIOUS, easy & even cheap! 
My taste tester gave it over 20/10 SO that means it is good... then again he's not too picky ;)

Ingredients
1 tube crescent rolls
For the filling:
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 cup blackberries {or any berry of your choice}
For the icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
4 {or more} tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla & flour.
On an ungreased cookie sheet roll out the crescent rolls and connect them {see photo} it should be able the length of your cookie sheet, smoosh together any open holes. 
Cut diagonal strips up each side of the dough {as pictured} about 1/2 an inch wide.
Once all your strips are cut spread your cream cheese mixture up the center & top with your berries... I mooshed up half of my berries to make it into almost a jelly consistency. 
Fold & braid dough over the mixture & berries, this part could be a little tricky if you are trying to make it look as pretty as can be...
Bake for 20 minutes, let cool... 
Mix icing ingredients, if the icing is too think just add a splash or more cream until it is at your desired consistency & drizzle over that baby!
Then... over indulge & enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I made this for a brunch party yesterday and it was AMAZING! Everyone loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh! I am so happy!!! It's to die for, especially the frosting!

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS