Wednesday, March 26, 2014

comfort foods {hamburger rollup & pan gravy}




Yum, yum, yum! I consider my favorite food to be a catagory rather than a specific food (that's how I get around the "what's your favorite ____ ?" How can you ever pick just one thing, so... I categorize my picks) COMFORT FOOD! that's my favorite type of foods... or doughnuts. ANYWAYS...

Hamburger rollups are so simple, so easy... & SO DELICIOUS! (it's basically biscuits & gravy) My mom learned of this masterpiece in her home economics class in high school!

What you'll need...

Hamburger Rollup:
bisquick (follow the bisquits recipe x2)
milk
roughly 1 pound ground hamburger (or turkey... for all you turkeys)
1 pound sausage (I use the jimmy dean premium pork sausage regular)
flour
seasonings of your choice

Gravy:
grease from cooked sausage & hamburger
flour
milk
seasonings of your choice

How To:

  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Brown sausage & hamburger together - season if you'd like! I just do plan ol salt & pepper!
  • Follow bisquick recpipe on box for bisquits (double it), roll dough out onto a cutting board or just your counter in whatever form you find easiest to roll (I do as close to a rectangle as I can)
  • Once your meat is cooked & dough is rolled out, top the meat onto the dough, roll! 
  • Pop in the oven for about 30 minutes! (if the top starts to get too brown throw some tin foil over your rollup)

  • Homemade gravy time!
  • To make a roux for pan gravy all you do is heat the leftover grease until you seem bubble (medium heat - high) sprinkle flour, mix... repeat! 
  • Add milk (while stirring - your wrists will get a workout) 
  • Repeat this process until you have as much gravy as you'd like!!!
  • Add all your yummy seasonings again I just use salt & pepper... maybe some onion & garlic powder!

Pull your hamburger rollup outta the oven, cut that thing open and see all the yummy meat & dough in a pretty marble pattern, drench it in gravy & enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS