Wednesday, April 30, 2014

mmmm citrus {& herb} chicken




I have been seeing a lot of these recipes on Pinterest over the last month of so, so I decided to give it a go!
I mixed up a few different recipes using what I liked from each! {you don't always have to follow one specific recipe, be fancy}

Ingredients:

1/4 cup olive oil
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons sugar
2 lemons
2 oranges
1 onion, sliced
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon basil
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon parsly
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon rosemary
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt {your choice of amount}
pepper {your choice of amount}
10-12 chicken pieces, I used drumsticks & thighs {at Trader Joe's they have BONELESS thighs!}

Directions:
Mix together olive oil, garlic, all seasonings, sugar, 1 juiced lemon, 1 juiced orange! I let my chicken marinade in the mix for about an hour in a big zip lock baggie, if you don't have time for that... place chicken in a 13inX9in baking dish & pour mixture over chicken making sure all the chicken parts gets some of that sauce bath!
slice lemon, orange & onion, place around and under chicken then if you want to add some more seasoning over your chicken, go for it! This is when you make your recipe your own.
Bake for an hour or until chicken reaches 160 degrees, uncovered {middle rack, move to top last 10-15 mins for a nice brown color}
THEN!
Enjoyyyyyyyyyy!!!

I made garlic cheesy bread & garlic green beans, it went together perfectly!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS